Distinctions, Honors and Awards
- Worth Magazine, Top 100 Lawyers in the United States, 2007
- AVVO, rated 10.0, their highest attorney rating, and "superb" for "professional competence, experience and reputation in the legal field"
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating*
- Commentator for television and print media, including CNN, Good Morning America, Inside Edition, The Wall Street Journal, Chicago Sun Times, and Town and Country Magazine, as well as many others
- Super Lawyers® Designee, 2011 - Present
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Past President, Connecticut Chapter
- National Board of Governors
- International Academy of Family Lawyers
- Board of Governors, USA Delegate
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut (1989)
- New York (1983)
- District Court for the Southern District of New York (1983)
- District Court for the Eastern District of New York (1983)
- United States Supreme Court (1990)
- Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Attorney Frederic J. Siegel is a founding member of the Siegel, Colin & Kaufman law firm in Stamford, Connecticut. Serving families throughout Fairfield County and the surrounding communities, Attorney Siegel devotes his practice exclusively to family and matrimonial law and to helping his clients resolve their conflicts and reach agreements regarding all issues associated with divorce, including child custody and support, property division, alimony, and more. Attorney Siegel also has vast experience drafting and negotiating pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements. Additionally, the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) has certified Attorney Siegel as a divorce mediator.
In a career spanning more than thirty-eight years, Attorney Siegel has achieved unprecedented success advocating on behalf of the rights and best interests of those he serves, including several high-profile public figures and celebrities as well as those with considerable assets. Widely regarded as a leader in his field, he has written and lectured extensively on a variety of topics related to family law, he served on the adjunct legal faculty at Cardozo School of Law for four years, and he routinely offers in-depth commentary and legal analyses for national print and televised news outlets, including CNN, Good Morning America, CBS, Town and Country Magazine, and many more.
Frederic J. Siegel is a member of both the New York and Connecticut Bars and is licensed to practice before the United States Supreme Court. Attorney Siegel is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), where he serves on the National Board of Governors and is a Past-President of the Connecticut Chapter. He is a Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL) and served as a USA Delegate on their Board of Governors. Attorney Siegel is active with the Family Law Sections of the American and New York Bar Associations.
Attorney Siegel was a presenter at the annual meeting of the AAML in Chicago, Illinois, where he spoke on custody trends, and he also lectured on trial techniques at the annual meeting of the US and Canadian chapters of the IAFL in Savannah, Georgia. He has also lectured for the Family Law Section of the New York Bar Association on various topics including "Analyzing an Equitable Distribution Action for Settlement and Trial." Attorney Siegel has been published multiple times in various legal publications including authoring "How to Handle the Substantial Asset Divorce Case" for the American Journal of Family Law. Attorney Siegel is often sought by lawyers throughout the United States to be an expert witness regarding the viability of pre-nuptial agreements and he experience with international divorce matters.
Worth Magazine named Attorney Siegel one of the Top 100 lawyers in the United States and has been recognized as a "Super Lawyer" for many years and as a Top Matrimonial Lawyer in New England and Connecticut. He has an AV Preeminent rating* from Martindale Hubbell representing the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards and a 10.0 rating from AVVO, which is their highest attorney rating.
Attorney Siegel is married for more than thirty-two years and has two adult daughters.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.